Driver laboratory classes on university

Matthias Brugger matthias.bgg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 10:31:08 EDT 2013

I did a operating system laboratory class at BarcelonaTech.
It consists in adding basic functionality to an existing OS (it was
based on Linux 2.4). This included adding system call table, process
scheduling and semaphore support (as far as I remember).

As a second part we had to implement a kernel module which these days
was able to count several system calls before executing them.
I have the source code, you can find it on my blog (see below) but I'm
not sure if I have the instructions for the assignments...

Cheers,
Matthias

2013/8/8  <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu>:
> On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 10:52:27 +0530, Rohan Puri said:
>
>> One way to look for bugs is go through the list in bugzilla. link
>> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/
>
> That may not be the best place to find bugs suitable for a university
> class.  Quite often, a bug is opened in bugzilla only because it's
> a particularly hard one that even the guy who originally wrote the
> code involved hasn't been able to figure out in several days of trying.
>
> If it's in the bugzilla, it's probably relating to a problem with
> specific hardware/BIOS levels, or it's a *very* subtle bug involving
> race/locking conditions or lifetime/refcount issues or similar problems.

motzblog.wordpress.com