Understanding device trees(dtsi files??) and mastering them.

manty kuma mantykuma at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 21:40:17 EDT 2013

I am currently working on a platform which uses device trees.

I donot have any understanding on them.

What are device trees? I see they are in the form of .dtsi and they are
having their own format. Also all these files are present in platform
specific code(). So i can make out that these are related to hardware
initialization or something similar. But to avoid any misconceptions, it
would be nice if someone with prior experience on this would share the
basic details about it. Also please site to good references if you know
have any.

Thanks,
Sandeep kumar