Conceptual questions about device driver

Kumar Amit Mehta gmate.amit at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 01:55:54 EDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 01, 2013 at 02:55:42PM -0600, neha naik wrote:
> 2.  Also i want to understand what the device driver does say if in a
> multiple paged bio, some of the pages get written
>     and some don't, we send the error in the bio. But what about the pages
> it has already written??? It can't possibly
>     do anything about it, right?

What do you mean by multiple paged bio? A bio, broken down into bio_vec is
_always_ set of pages(or Am I missing something?), So, most of the time,you
_will_ have a bio containing multiple pages. What about other field of bio
structure; bi_idx, bi_size etc, Can we use those for partial completion?

!!amit