[HELP] Documentation on CPU:/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuX/cache/indexX/shared_cpu_map

Ren Zhen darwin.xupt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 09:05:24 EDT 2013

Hi all:
    Can anybody help me to understand the usage of 'shared_cpu_map' in
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuX/cache/indexX/.
    when I execute the cmd--'#cat shared_cpu_map', it retures '05'.
     And my computer use Ubuntu12.04,Intel core i3 CPU.
     I have read one email in LKML,it says:

"The patch also adds a bunch of interfaces under
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuX/cache, showing various information about the
caches.  Most useful field being shared_cpu_map, which says what caches are
shared among which logical cpus. "

     But I still cannot catch the meaning of  'which says what caches
are shared among which logical cpus'.
     Thanks.
--
Sincerely,