Something about Redhat

Grzegorz Dwornicki gd1100 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 06:08:36 EDT 2013

If you added to boot command S or 1 during boot time yust type command init
3 or init 5. I can provide more details on how to do it but please tell in
details how you entered single user mode.

I assumed one possibility: add to command boot during system start. This is
most often way people do this.
21 kwi 2013 12:01, "Robert Clove" <cloverobert at gmail.com> napisał(a):

> where to put init 3 or init 5,i mean what are the steps
>

> On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Grzegorz Dwornicki <gd1100 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> 1) init 3 or init 5
>> 2) man chkconfig should help you
>> 3) read about /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* files, in your case
>> you are interested in proto=dhcp directive
>> 4) linux is multiuser system in init 3 soo use ssh or other tty
>> 21 kwi 2013 11:46, "Robert Clove" <cloverobert at gmail.com> napisał(a):
>>
>>>  Hi,
>>> I want to learn so i found somethings to ask here......
>>>
>>> I had an red hat machine i forgot the password so i change it to single
>>> user and break the password .
>>>
>>> NOW,
>>> I want to know how to
>>> 1)Switch it back to multi user mode?
>>> 2)how to know which service are running and how to stop services