YAFFS2 not part of Linux Kernel

richard -rw- weinberger richard.weinberger at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 11:35:19 EDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 1:33 AM, Bernd Petrovitsch
<bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Die, 2013-04-16 at 17:23 +0200, Pietro Paolini wrote:
> [...]
>> On the website they said is under the GPL license and I don't
>> understand, why is not merged in the Linux Kernel directly ?
>
> You should ask the yaffs2 people about that as they are the only ones
> who can actually answer it .....

Some time ago they tried to get it mainline, but they refused to make
the changes
the reviews requested. AFAIK yaffs stores some meta data in the NAND spare area,
which is a no-go.

Now we have UBI/UBIFS which makes yaffs2 obsolte anyway...

--
Thanks,
//richard