help needed to do mmap

Prabhu nath gprabhunath at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 05:03:43 EDT 2013

>From linux version 2.26.* onwards there is a filter provided by the default
kernel configuration disabling the users from accessing the ram area. There
was a lengthy discussion on the same topic in this mailing list 2 years
back-
http://www.spinics.net/lists/newbies/msg41020.html
If you still want to access the RAM you disable this option in the kernel
configuration menu. *kernel hacking -> Filter access to /dev/mem*.

*Disclaimer:* You will be responsible for the integrity of the RAM contents
:)

--
Regards,
Prabhunath G