Why the niceness is not always taken into account ?

Alexandre Laurent alexandre.laurent at uvsq.fr
Thu Apr 18 10:57:41 EDT 2013

Hello,

Disabling SCHED_AUTOGROUP (by using the flag
kernel.sched_autogroup_enabled
with sysctl) did work very well. Thank you a lot.

This is understandable, when reading the following description :
"
This option optimizes the scheduler for common desktop workloads by
automatically creating and populating task groups. This separation of
workloads isolates aggressive CPU burners (like build jobs) from desktop
applications. Task group autogeneration is currently based upon task
session.
"

Note : the cgroups are not mounted at all.

I still have a little question about it :
Is it possible to force the grouping of specific tasks ?
(Which could be better than just disabling the feature)

Best regards,