How will Linux community support the coming Intel new chip Bay Trail?

Peter Xu xzpeter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 11:08:21 EDT 2013

Hi, all,

It seems that Intel will publish a nice chip called Bay Trail (or plus,
I don't quick sure, which is for smartphones/tablets, also some lower
ends of laptops in the future). It was said publically that Intel will
support Linux platform on that chip. I just want to know something from
the communitiy side, that is there a plan or something related to that
chip?

I think the most important part should be how to make sure Linux will
have a good power managerment on the Bay Trail machines?

Thanks in advance.

Yours,
Peter