Missing __versions section on .ko

Ramesh.P rameshpa at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 12:11:59 EDT 2012

Hi,

Please see my comments inline.

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Pritam Bankar
<pritambankar1988 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ramesh thanks for great pdf. From whatever I understood after
> reading I fired command modinfo on my module and it gave output ,
>
> vermagic:       3.2.0-23-generic-pae SMP mod_unload modversions 686
>
> greping out vermagic. So I believe vermagic is behaving correctly.
> What is 686 in output ?
It represents the arch. the module is built for. In this case, it is 686.

> Any other reason for missing __versions section ?
The other reason for invalid format is mismatch in arch. like mips vs
686. It looks like you are trying to run this module on a 386 machine.
Can you confirm you have recompiled the module on the kernel you are
trying to link.

Thanks,
Ramesh