kernel stack memory

卜弋天 buyit at live.cn
Thu Sep 13 10:08:16 EDT 2012

i don't know why you want to corrupt kernel stack by using this method, stack usually grow from high address to low address, if you allocate a buff in a function then use memset(), it is writing data from low address to high address.in your implementation, you allocate an array with 8000*4=32000 bytes ( int arr[8000]; ), then you try to corrupt stack by using memset(), which operate memory by bytes, rather than by int. so this memset() only corrupt the first 8192 bytes of the buffer, which is far away from your current task stack.        thread_info locates at the bottom of current task's stack, please reference the source code of current_thread_info() function of your platform. i think it is true for X86 or ARM.       if you really want to corrupt current kernel task's stack, please try below code, i did't test it but i think it should work, at least you can find something from the log:  char *sp_addr;
 struct thread_info *thread = current_thread_info(); sp_addr = (char*)thread;

 printk("sp_addr==thread:%p, task:%p\n", thread, thread->task);

 memset (sp_addr, 0x0, 1024);

 printk("after corrupt, task:%p, it is dying...\n", thread->task);