Regarding KGDB setup over serial cable

Vivek Panwar vivekpanwar2008 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 06:26:16 EDT 2012

Hi Mulyadi,

I did some googling and found one clue that i have to change file system in
menuconfig file for EXT4 , which support both EXT2 and EXT3 as well,
so for that i have enable below features in file systems...

# CONFIG_EXT2_FS=n
# CONFIG_EXT3_FS=n

CONFIG_EXT4_USE_FOR_EXT2 3=Y

After these modifications i crossed earlier error but hit back with 2 new
errors , below is the description:

1) EXT4-fs(sda2): could not mount as ext3 due to feature incompatibilities
    EXT4-fs(sda2): could not mount as ext2 due to feature incompatibilities
    udevd[1075]:error creating queue file
    init: udev mian process 1075 terminated with status 1
    init: udev main process ended , respawing
    init: udevmonitor main process 1080 terminated with status 2

2) init: plymouth main process(1038) killed by SEGV signal *(This error
happens ones i skip mounting process)*

Can you please elaborate the procedure to update file system or correct me
if i am doing wrong ?

Thanks for your support

Thanks,
Vivek