Why "lsusb" return nothing?

Peter Teoh htmldeveloper at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 19:33:48 EDT 2012

THank you for your help.   This is the result:

mount -t usbdevfs none /proc/bus/usb
mount: mount point /proc/bus/usb does not exist

mkdir /proc/bus/usb
mkdir: cannot create directory `/proc/bus/usb': No such file or directory

And supposed I tried a directory that exist:

mount -t usbdevfs none /proc/bus
mount: unknown filesystem type 'usbdevfs'

The exact mirror (before the problem start I mirrored the system) is still
working today, and I have not find any difference between the two version
so far.

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 12:51 PM, <Ashish_Bunkar at dell.com> wrote:

> This steps helped me when I had same problem in SUSE9.
>
> The Reason is "/proc/bus/usb/ doesn't has any entry where actually lsusb
> searches to show USB BUS devices.To make that happen you have to manually .
> Mount the Bus devices using below command.
>
> mount -t usbdevfs none /proc/bus/usb/
>
> And you are done.
> Now lsusb should show all USB BUS devies.
>
> Thanks
> Ashish Bunkar

Regards,
Peter Teoh