Question about applying a kernel patch with "git am" received from a mailing list

Kevin Wilson wkevils at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 09:05:50 EST 2012

Hi, Josh,

Thanks again!

While your suggestion works, it has some disadvantages; maybe
you/someone can advice:

1) In the case when I want to apply a series of patches, let's say a
patchset of 10 patches, does this mean that I should run
"pipe git am" on each of them ?

2) Even this is the case; suppose I apply 10 patches. Then I
make some tests, and want to return to the original tree,  (by git
reset --hard) and after a day or say again apply these patches (or
some of them) I should go into mutt, browse the list of messages and
find them,  and then apply them, etc...

Is there no way to save patches and then "git am" the patches
without these error ? I heard that mutt is very popular
for working with patches. Such a feature seems natural to me.

rgs
Kevin