Problem in kernel compliation with config options

Aishwarya Sengottuvelan aishwarya.velan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 12:21:46 EST 2012

HI,
        I am trying to complie the kernel with CONFIG_STRICT_DEVMEM option
enabled. I have done the following

1) In menuconfig i excluded Filter Access To dev/mem . I can see #
CONFIG_STRICT_DEVMEM is not set in .config
2)  i did make clean;make;make modules_install,make install & then reboot
3) When i use mmap(/dev/mem,,,,) from user program, i still see the
code(drivers/char/mem.c) executed within
#ifdef CONFIG_STRICT_DEVMEM

this is my dmesg |tail -10 output
Program outmap tried to access /dev/mem between [mem 0x371fc000-0x371fcfff]

What am i doing wrong?

--Thanks