Finding the interrupt vector of a given IRQ

Chauhan, Himanshu hschauhan at nulltrace.org
Sun May 27 21:07:23 EDT 2012

AKAIK I think is possible. For example int 3 in x86 is actually an
interrupt so to say. I don't want to go in other details about exception vs
interrupts and stack saving. But in short you can achieve what you are
trying here.

Search for breakpoint handler probably in entry.S and from the trace back
to IDT initialization. Replace the vector 3 with your handlers address. Now
you can do int 3 from elsewhere in inline assembly.