device crashing while unpacking ramdisk.img

sandeep kumar coolsandyforyou at gmail.com
Wed May 16 11:43:26 EDT 2012

Dear All,
I am facing a situation where, the device is crashing while doing the
following,

err = unpack_to_rootfs((char *)initrd_start,
   initrd_end - initrd_start);                                          /*
in initramfs.c */

>From Trace32 we could observe the following things,
 1) initrd_start has the ramdisk.img which we have flashed onto the flash.
     And it is succesfully been copied to RAM.( We verified that image
existense)

 2) Just after exiting that a bus error is generated,(panic is also not
seen)

We are wondering what exactly unpack_to_rootfs will do?
 and
Where(the destination address) does it copy the unzipped ramdisk.img?

With regards,
Sandeep Kumar Anantapalli,

--
With regards,