Problem of workqueue

夏业添 summerxyt at gmail.com
Fri May 4 01:25:15 EDT 2012

Hi rohan,

I google fanotify and find it's a notification mechanism. My
understanding is that fanotify can know fd being open, close, read,
write, but transfer data between user space and kernel is out of its
ability. If I'm wrong please tell me.

The only reason I choose netlink to send data to user space is to
notify user space process there is  data, and avoid user space process
do some polling job to check if there is data in kernel. Does fanotify
or other method can do such thing?

Thanks a lot!