git pull fails on linux-next (out of memory)

Srivatsa Bhat bhat.srivatsa at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 02:50:40 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 3:40 AM, Arvid Brodin <arvid.brodin at enea.com> wrote:

> Arvid Brodin wrote:
> > On 2012-03-06, I cloned linux-next:
> >
> > $ git clone git://
> git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.gitlinux-next-20120306
> >

> > I now want to update this repository before posting patches, to make sure
> > they still apply cleanly. I first tried this on 20120328:

Tracking linux-next is a little bit different from usual trees. In
particular, since Stephen Rothwell
rebases it quite frequently, you shouldn't do a git pull on linux-next.

See these articles for details on how to work with linux-next:
http://linux.f-seidel.de/linux-next/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Linux-next.FAQ
http://lists.kernelnewbies.org/pipermail/kernelnewbies/2012-February/004498.html

Regards,
Srivatsa S. Bhat