Idea for Google Summer of Code

Peter Senna Tschudin peter.senna at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 21:52:52 EDT 2012

Dear,

I'm sendig this E-mail because:

1 - Linux Foundation is listed at:
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/accepted_orgs/google/gsoc2012

2 - There is a link to the ideas page of Linux Foundation:
https://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/gsoc/google-summer-code-2012

3 - I found a link to "General kernel work":
https://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/gsoc/2012-gsoc-kernel-work

Where is writen to use this list to ask questions. :-)

I have an idea of "General kernel work" that I would like to discuss.
I'm not sure if it is a good idea or not, please help me.

-- // --

The idea is to make a catalog of well received efficiency improvements
for the Linux Kernel. Then try to implement those improvements using
Coccinelle to apply it Kernel wide.
Profiling may apply to compare results before and after the efficiency
patch and this may be the most time consuming part of the project.

-- // --

Is this a possible idea to Google Summer of Code?

Thanks,

Peter

--
Peter Senna Tschudin