New version of beginner's kernel programming course coming soon

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Mar 13 07:37:40 EDT 2012

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012, Lakshmipathi.G wrote:

> >Hoping I'm not abusing my good will on this list,
>
> Few months back ,I came across your few free courses,It was really
> helpful.(i hope to sign-up paid course in future , but no promises
> :P).  Thanks for the update :)

  no problem.  at this point, the second edition of the course now has
everything you need to download, configure, build and reboot a new
kernel, so if you've never done that, head on over and follow the
lessons.

http://crashcourse.ca/introduction-linux-kernel-programming-2nd-edition/introduction-linux-kernel-programming-2nd-edition

there's still more free material to come, and that will be how to
write, compile and load a basic loadable kernel module (LKM).  so come
on down, have some fun and by the end of today, i hope to have the LKM
stuff published.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca