Inlined functions in network code

Łukasz Czyż perlowy.dzem at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 05:50:06 EST 2012

> congratulations! A nice achievement IMHO.... :)

Thanks :)

> is it merged with linux kernel mainline?

No. I am not sure if it good enough to be merged, I would like to get
some opinions before I ask to add it to mainline.

> IIRC too, "jmp" will screw branch prediction and sometimes will make
> pipeline stall.....So, all in all, it's a matter about speeding about
> code path, especially fast path like what you do.

Generally I am aware about advantages of inlining, but I also read in
CodingStyle document about its disadvantages, that is where my
question came from :) Maybe I should ask about it on some other list?

Lukasz Czyz