Inode number changing

Manish Katiyar mkatiyar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 13:48:04 EST 2012

> Sir, every time when I modify file content then file's inode get change.
> Why this is happening?
> Below I have pasted the output please check inode numbers.

Without looking at the code and knowing what you are doing, its close
to impossible to say what inode you are accessing or what you are
doing. On my wildest guess, I can think of that you are probably
trying to modify something in editor, and the inode number that is
getting printed is one of the temp files that the editor may be
creating underneath( similar to .swp files of vi).

--
Thanks -
Manish