kernel boot procedure

SaNtosh kuLkarni santosh.yesoptus at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 00:33:06 EST 2012

I guess this is wot u r looking for ..not sure thou..

 initial RAM filesystem is bsasically a ramfs which is loaded by the  boot
loader (loadlin or lilo) and that is mounted as root  before the normal
boot procedure is done and is typically used to  load modules needed to
mount the original root file system,[[[Documentation/initrd.txt]]]]

If BLK_DEV_RAM is also included it also enables initial RAM disk (initrd)
support and adds 15 Kbytes (more on some other architectures) to the kernel
size.