linux camera drivers

Greg KH gregkh at linuxfoundation.org
Sat Mar 3 00:03:01 EST 2012

On Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 09:51:27AM +0530, Mayank Agarwal wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Mayank Agarwal <mayank77fromindia at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
> > 1.I think the device supports i2c or spi protocol.I want to know how the
> > i2c or spi is taking data
> >  from image sensor and giving it to video buffers.

That depends on the i2c controller and the device itself.  You need to
know this before you can determine if Linux supports it or not.

> > 2.I want to understand the whole data flow from image sensor to the
> > display buffer and the role of linux kernel
> > camera drivers in that.

I suggest looking at how the v4l interface works, it's quite complex,
but there is documentation for it already.

If you have specific questions about it, please ask on the linux-media
mailing list.

good luck,

greg k-h