Missing Key-codes from input.h file.

Dharam Kumar dharam.kumar.gupta at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 02:06:31 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 1:30 PM, anish kumar
<anish198519851985 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-06-26 at 09:43 +0200, Matthias Brugger wrote:
>> On 06/26/2012 08:47 AM, Dharam Kumar wrote:

>> > Yes, my device is supposed to support such keys:
>> > RIGHTUP --> moves cursor upper-right direction.
>> > RIGHTDOWN ---> moves cursor lower-right direction.
>> > and similar keys for upper-left and lower-left cursor direction.
>> > Sadly, I could not find any #define in input.h file for such key events.
>>
>>  From your response I interpret that you have some kind of custom
>> key-pad, or anything similar which is not a standard keyboard.
>>
>> If there are no such defines in the Kernel, it's probably because no one
>> has had the need for them up to now.
>>
>> I think the implementation should be done as Anish described beforehand.
>> Anyway you can add some defines to your Kernel if this is a requirement
> and probably submit your first patch to the kernel but I am not clear
> about the policy regarding adding new keys in the kernel.However sending
Hmm..If I do add some defines to my Kernel and submit the patch to the
Open source kernel, I need to be very clear
about how these keys will be used(which driver, use-case ,source of
these keys etc..).
I think I'm not at that stage right now..hopefully I can complete the
driver and kernel patches in some time and submit it :)

Thanks for your time and patience !!