geting weird semi-random panic on kmalloc

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 12:18:05 EDT 2012

Hi...

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 7:50 AM, NorthPole <morfeas3000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> when I run the kernel code on an open-wrt build for x86 which is run
> virtualized under a standard qemu running on debian squeeze produces this
> output
> http://pastebin.com/tY3Vkzvw
> (in short it prints everything as its supposed to do for a random number of
> iterations between 3 and 24 and the the kernel oops happens)

I have no idea on what kind of modification openwrt folks do on top of
Linux kernel, but there is a chance the kernel space smaller or change
the way slab/slub/slob allocator works. In essence, the crash might
happen due to memory shortage or something like that.

Can you force a backtrace?

PS: I see no kfree() on the pastebin, is that true?

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant