Journey of a network packet through linux 2.6 network stack

AFT aftnix at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 09:08:13 EDT 2012

Jan Engelhardt <jengelh at inai.de> writes:

> On Tuesday 2012-06-19 13:10, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday 2012-06-19 12:25, AFT wrote:
>>>
>>>A document with this heading can be found for 2.4 network stack. But i
>>>have not found any document regarding 2.6 network stack.
>>>
>>>When i was searching netfilter mailing list archive, i got the following
>>>post :
>>>
>>>http://lists.netfilter.org/pipermail/netfilter/2007-August/069583.html
>>>
>>>in this post author mentioned about a document named after this. but
>>>does not gave any link to that document.
>>>
>>>so i'm wondering if any similar document can be found?
>>

>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netfilter
>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/iptables
>
> And if you actually did a Google search, you would have found a copy of
> it, cached by Baidu on two seaprate pages.
>
> http://hi.baidu.com/john_len_dead_dance/blog/item/b85af87289b9e2128601b051.html
> http://hi.baidu.com/john_len_dead_dance/blog/item/b85af87289b9e2128601b051.html

I've done the google search actually. But i got put off by
"baidu". anything chineese gets me to press X button. I didn't think i
will get a valuable life lesson in kernewbies. Next time i will give
chineese a chance. :)

> It even mentions its source file:
> http://svn.gnumonks.org/trunk/doc/packet-journey-2.6.xml

I have found out some more comprehensive document than this. I will post
those link for anyone who is also searching archives for the same
documents.

Cheers