Booting MX28-EVK without bootloader support

Subodh Nijsure snijsure at grid-net.com
Fri Jun 8 01:54:02 EDT 2012

I am using git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm/arm-soc.git
for-next branch to get familiar with device tree.

I am following procedure described in following thread --

http://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/devicetree-discuss/2012-April/014600.html

Turn on CONFIG_ARM_APPENDED_DTB,  CONFIG_ARM_ARAG_DTB, then appending
imx28-evk.dtb and constructing zImage_dtb

However this image never initializes network interfaces, I can't mount
nfs as rootfs. Is the appended DTB supposed to work from above
referenced git repo & branch?

Is there a device-tree newbies mailing list by any chance?

-Subodh