suse 11 kernel panic

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 06:04:06 EDT 2012

Hi...

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 3:39 PM, tingwei liu <tingw.liu at gmail.com> wrote:
> 24 cores

BTW, I saw these lines in the oops message:
kernel: [3077010.856312] last sysfs file:
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu23/cache/index2/shared_cpu_map

does your program somehow read or write to this sysfs entry?

> Right, This is my user space application.

care to explain briefly what this program_t does?

> User space program can affect kernel stack? I thought this is a kernel bug!

IIRC, once there is kernel bug (or maybe more than one) than enable
user space to "implant" code in kernel space. In the same sense, it
would be no surprise that kernel stack could be wiped out.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant