setup_thread_stack

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 22:31:18 EDT 2012

Hi :)

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 2:15 AM, Francesco Scali
<francesco.scali at gmail.com> wrote:
> What's  this call supposed to do? Inside I can see a call to the
> "task_thread_info" macro, but I don't quite understand it:
>
> #define task_thread_info(task) ((struct thread_info *)(task)->stack)

IMHO, it means that (in the following order):
1. get the task_struct ( you probably already know this)
2. get its stack property (you probably already know this too :) )

And that's it. That's the function of  task_thread_info() macro: to
return the stack area of that task. IIRC too, stack area is where
thread_info belongs to.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa