login blocked - [/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off]

pcuser p pcuser.mails at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 08:13:52 EDT 2012

Hi,
Login prompt at the end of kernel bootup is blocked & getting the messasge
"/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off"
I've tried with the options in busybox FAQ,nothing worked out.

Details

ls -l /dev/console
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root      204,  64 Dec 31 17:00 /dev/console

ls -l /dev/ttySAC0
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root      204,  64 Dec 31 17:00 /dev/ttySAC0

/etc/inittab:
::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS
ttySAC0::respawn:/sbin/getty -L ttySAC0 115200 vt100 # GENERIC_SERIAL

In ::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS
i'm doing :

exec /bin/sh
setsid sh -c 'exec sh </dev/ttySAC0 >/dev/ttySAC0 2>&1'

by the completion of /etc/inittabscript,I'm ending in shell prompt with the
messsge "/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off"

But I can run all commads from the shell prompt (Except login,if I give
system hangs)

I feel the information, I provided may not be very clear,but this is my
first time working in linux.
plz suggest a way to get login working.