Regarding usage of perf tools

Philipp Ittershagen p.ittershagen at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 11 02:09:43 EDT 2012

Hi Sandeep,

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 7:46 AM, sandeep kumar
<coolsandyforyou at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Phillip,
> Can you suggest me where do i get the userspace tool code for only
> perf-tools?
> Any any good link that explains the dependencies of perf tools?
>
> i know the kernel related code is present in /tools/perf folder/

I'm sorry if my previous post confused you. What i meant was that the
userspace perf code is in tools/perf and the necessary kernel code to
use perf on a system can be enabled using CONFIG_PERF_EVENTS and there
may be some more config switches for a finer-grained activation of
perf events. There are some dependency hints in the
tools/perf/Makefile, but in the end I used trial and error to get all
dependencies installed.

Hope that helps!

  Philipp