from where to start..

SaNtosh kuLkarni santosh.yesoptus at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 22:52:17 EST 2012

Hi Sukrit,

Ya kernel development..kernel space is fun...but since kernel has loads of
subsystems...you must be or will be later interested in certain
subsytems,,,but you ought to understand the basic working and operations
carried by a kernel and sorting of programming and structures required...i
would suggest Kernel Development by Rober Love

http://blog.rlove.org/2010/07/linux-kernel-development-third-edition.html

 as he doesnt dig deep into core kernel development instead focuses on
stuff such as Process mgnt , synchronization ,VFS...etc etc...in a rather
simple easy to understand manner...but if you are interested or rather want
to get into specific subsystems like Networking ...network stack,...etc you
can always start off with network internals...but my suggestion is Robert
Love and start of writing few LKMs....tats my opinion....

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 6:58 AM, Jeff Haran <jharan at bytemobile.com> wrote:

> ** **

*Regards,
Santosh Kulkarni*