USB controller status

Praveen kumar chatpravi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 08:56:24 EST 2012

Hi Greg,

What type of diagnostics are you trying to do?
           I am trying to is to make communication to all the chips present
on board (from kernel) and make sure all the input/output lines are working
on that chip and the status of the configuration.
As I am doing with the other chips like video controller ,audio controller
etc ,I want to make sure the working condition of the USB controller and
some tests to prove input and output lines are working and if possible loop
back data test.

How can it not be configured correctly?

I am not sure in which condition the configuration of controller may fail
but just I want to make sure the controller is configured properly.

You have looked at the debugfs files for the usb controllers for this
type of thing already, right?

I have seen debugfs where I can dump all the configuration reg values ,but
not sure to see which reg values to confirm  controller is configured
properly.

Also I was trying to get the linux-usb project (
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Git) through git to make
use of some code in there for some of the tests but I am not able to get it.
Is there any alternative link from where I can get the code (like lsusb.c
etc )..

Thanks ,
Praveen