Does Linux process exist information leakage?

夏业添 summerxyt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 07:53:07 EST 2012

Hi,
   My tutor asked me to test whether one process leaves information in
memory after it is dead. I tried to search some article about such thing on
the Internet but there seems to be no one discuss about it. And after that,
I tried to write some program in the User Mode to test it, using fork() to
create lots of processes and filling char 'a' into a 102400 bytes char
array in each process. Then I used malloc() to get some memory to seek char
'a' in a new one process or many new processes, but failed. All memory I
malloced was full of zero.
   As the man page of malloc said:"The memory is not initialized", I
believe that the memory which was got by malloc() could be used by other
process, and therefor information leakage exists. But how can I test it? Or
where can I get related information?
   Thanks!