pagetables used in interrupt context

卜弋天 buyit at live.cn
Fri Feb 24 00:59:54 EST 2012

Hi Subin:

     i am not familiar with other architecture, but for ARM, Linux Kernel 2.6.35, i checked the function handle_level_irq()and handle_edge_irq() in chip.c, both of them will call handle_IRQ_event() which is in handle.c. and the function handle_IRQ_event() will call the interrupt handler written by user. Kernel does not open interrupt(ARM CPSR I bit)when calling interrupt handler in handle_IRQ_event() function. this is only for top-half interrupt handling.  for bottom-half, it is no doubt that the interrupt will be opened.

     so if you register a interrupt by request_irq(), the interrupt handler will be called with irq disabled. i tested on Cortex-A9 dual core platform, it is right.