How to figure out the byteorder only with one byte number?

Tao Jiang jiangtao.jit at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 06:25:14 EST 2012

Hi:

Thank you all.

Take a byte number 0b00000001 for example
                                     ^             ^
                               high bit     low bit

I used to think in a LE machine it will be stored as 0b10000000 low bit first

        low bit     high bit

and in a BE machine will be 0b00000001 high bit first
                                             high bit    low bit

not only the byteorder is different, but inside a byte is also different.

But actually they are the same, right?
Thank you.