cgroup freezer

bill4carson bill4carson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 04:50:36 EST 2012

 From Documentation/cgroups/freezer-subsystem.txt, the following words
describe the purpose of cgroups freezer:

"The cgroup freezer is useful to batch job management system which start
and stop sets of tasks in order to schedule the resources of a machine
according to the desires of a system administrator."

IMHO, when system load is high, administrator could freeze some of
cpu-hogged tasks in favor of more important ones, once system is most
likely to be idle, frozen tasks could be thaw back on line.

I don't know this idea is right or wrong, can somebody give me some
hints about practical usage of cgroup freezer?

thanks

--
I am a slow learner
but I will keep trying to fight for my dreams!

--bill