Does the mq_timedreceive() fully implement the POSIX specification?

K K knewsgroup at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 01:44:38 EST 2012

Hi Bernd,

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 10:07 AM, K K <knewsgroup at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Bernd,
>
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Bernd Petrovitsch <
> bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> On Mon, 2012-02-13 at 10:30 +0800, K K wrote:
>> [....]
>> > I am doing POSIX test on linux. And for mq_timedreceive() in POSIX spec
>> > 2008 Issue 7, Line 43787:
>> >
>> >   The validity of the abstime parameter need not be checked if a
>> >   message can be removed from the message queue immediately.

Sorry about that I miss the previous sentence, the whole paragraph is:

Under no circumstance shall the operation fail with a timeout if a message
can be removed from
the message queue immediately. The validity of the abstime parameter need
not be checked if a
message can be removed from the message queue immediately.

It seems that the first sentence is more affirmative that the timeout
should not be checked when a message can be removed from message queue
immediately.
How do you think?

Thanks,
Kai