[QUESTION] staging/easycap fix

Manavendra Nath Manav mnm.kernel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 00:59:54 EST 2012

2012/2/14 Ezequiel García <elezegarcia at gmail.com>:
> El día 14 de febrero de 2012 02:06, Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> escribió:
>> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 01:47:52AM -0300, Ezequiel García wrote:
>>> 2. second, I am fixing some style issues (besides checkpatch), for
>>> instance "if" syntax:
>>>
>>> -   if (0 == bInterfaceNumber) {
>>> +   if (bInterfaceNumber == 0) {
>>
>> You do know why the first style was chosen, right?
>
> This driver code has this "if" style on every if clause. Perhaps
> author's taste? Don't know.
> Searching at kernel code I haven't seen this kind of "if" style.

This particular "if" style is recommended because it prevents the
accidental "always true if condition" in case when the coder
accidentally types "=" instead of "==". "if (0 = x)" can always save
you instead of "if (x =  0)" from nasty typo bugs. Though compiler
warns about it with -Wall flag.

--
Manavendra Nath Manav