Get USB Device Class Type and Mount point

Abhijit Pawar apawar.linux at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 07:31:05 EST 2012

On 02/13/2012 05:51 PM, Mandeep Sandhu wrote:
>>> Great, then do that from userspace, like it is done today.  Or do you
>>> have a problem with how things are done today with encrypted
>>> filesystems?  If so, why?
>>>
>>> greg k-h

>> Hi Greg,
>> The  reason I went for kernel module is to get the device add
>> notification. However once I get the notification, I can have netlink
> Well, thats not a good enough reason to go to kernel space! :)
>
> Have you looked at Udev? It nicely handles device attach/detach events
> (hotplug events) from userspace. You should probably look at using it
> for your purpose.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Udev
>
> HTH,
> -mandeep

Yes. I should have looked into libudev and libsysfs which I am doing now. :)
Regarding going to kernel , I thought that would be help me in
controlling the device in a better way (where I can enable or disable
the data transfer interfaces  preventing the data copy (if at all thats
possible).

Regards,
Abhijit Pawar