Writing module in kernel 3.1.6

Swapnil Gaikwad swapnilgaik72 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 10:11:46 EST 2012

Hi, I am new to kernel programming, I have written one module to get
vfs inode using path_lookup function in kernel 2.6.35.

Now I am trying to compile same module under kernel 3.1.6 then i got
some errors like ioctl undefined, path_lookup not present i.e  error:
implicit declaration of function ‘path_lookup’
. I have searched and used unlocked_ioctl insted of ioctl.

But I am struggling to find function equivalent to path_lookup as in
new kernel this function dose not exist. Can anyone suggest me proper
function which dose the same job as path_lookup in 3.1.6?
--
    Regards,

Swapnil Gaikwad.