Some question about "security context of a task"

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 10:12:55 EST 2012

Hi....

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 14:12, loody <miloody at gmail.com> wrote:
> below is the place it happen
>
> if (atomic_read(&p->real_cred->user->processes) >=
>             p->signal->rlim[RLIMIT_NPROC].rlim_cur) {

Seems like a normal user limit checking...the one we usually set via
"ulimit" command. Checking number of processes to be precise...

> after checking the parameter, I found p->real_cred->user is NULL.

hm, IMHO if it exceeds ulimit, the process creation should just stop.
Not sure why read_cred->user becomes NULL. Maybe that's for clean up,
since later process will be terminated?

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa