Need help: Generating patch using git

amit mehta gmate.amit at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 00:21:25 EST 2012

> Just a couple of thoughts, Amit - you seem to have your kernel tree in
> /root and be doing everything as root, are you sure you want to do it
> this way rather than in $HOME as your normal user account?

I've access to this machine as root also but as you've suggested I can use my
user login account as well.

> Also the kernel tree you are using seems to be Linus's mainline, is
> that what you wanted or did you want to be making the patch against a
> linux-next kernel?

My current goal is to send some patches to kernel janitor group though I'm not
sure if this group is still active or not.
you mean to say that this is not the tree which i should be synced to? If not
then can you please send me the link to the relevant git repository ?

-Amit