EACESS when trying to open the file

Shreyansh Jain shrey.linux at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 14:11:54 EST 2012

Hi Niroj

On Saturday, December 22, 2012, Niroj Pokhrel <nirojpokhrel at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been trying to open a character device and getting the following
error . It > open("/dev/mychardev", O_RDONLY)        = -1 EACCES
(Permission denied)
> What do I have to change my permission mode ??
> Please help. Thanx in advance .
Can you please tell what are the permissions you have assigned to
application which is producing this strace. Also, which user mode are you
in when you execute it.

Generally , it can be because lack of enough permissions to read app, or
because the driver associated with you char dev is returning this error
code.

Thats my two pence.

-
Shreyansh