How kernel handle interrupts

Woody Wu narkewoody at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 09:27:45 EST 2012

Hi, List

Where is the Kernel code that handles external interrupts? I want to
have a look at it but haven't found out where it is.

Actually, I have some basic questions about interrupt handling in Linux.
1. After Kernel's ISR received an interrupt, I believe it will invoke a
   handler defined in a device driver if any. But it should be the
   device driver's responsibility or kernel ISR's responsibility to
   clear (or acknowledge) the interrupt?

2. My device, an AX88796B network controller, asserting the interrupt
   line in a level-triggered manner. Now I met problem with the device that
   might caused by the CPU interrupt mode is not set as level-triggered by
   edge trigger.  My CPU is Samsung S3C2410, an ARM920T powered one.  Does
   anyone know usually where and how should I do this kind of setting?

Thanks in advance.

--
woody
I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then.