Kernel booting problem.

Sri Ram Vemulpali sri.ram.gmu06 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 21:42:58 EDT 2012

Hi All,

I compiled my own kernel image with uclibc cross tool chain for x86
i686 arch. I am using grub as boot loader.

these are the following parameters I am giving.

kernel /bzImage ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet init=/sbin/init
initrd /initrd.img  -----> this is cpio image of filesystem structure
with needed modules and lib

When I select at grub options to boot the kernel after reading bzImage
grub proceeds to initrd and stuck at initrd.
There is no output. I searched online and I found other kind of
problems. But this is something different.

Can anyone give some suggestions. Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,
Sri.