adding entries to swapper_pg_dir after boot

Asim linkasim at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 22:15:19 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to address a range of special addresses in the kernel that
are not visible(addressable) to memory at boot time. I create a whole
in the virtual address space and then I want to try to add page table
entries to the kernel page table for these VA<->MY(PA) translation.
(Let me know if there is a better way to do this)

I was wondering if anyone knew how do I go about this. I can access
the kernel page tables from swapper_pg_dir. How do I add pgd enteries
for these virtual addresses?

Any sample code/reference will be helpful.

Thanks,
Asim