Re: Regarding Ethernet support for kernel 3.4.7 debugging via KGDB‏‏

Vivek Panwar vivekpanwar2008 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 08:28:41 EDT 2012

HI,

Based on my research , no plans are in progress to merge kgdboe (KGDB over
Ethernet) to the mainline kernel, we have kgdboe support till 2.6.13
kernel. Through serial null modem cable its fine for me but i need to make
the setup via ethernet only, so for that if i add old supporting
patches(KGDB over ethernet) to my latest 3.4.7 kernel would it work because
there would be lots of arch dependency and code dependency  . Please
elaborate the procedure to me because i am  very new to this.

Thanks
Vivek